Manchester Islamic High School for Girls is part of Manchester Islamic Education Trust.
AIMS of the Trust:
1. The advancement of education in the United Kingdom.
2. The advancement of Islamic education in the United Kingdom.
3. To provide and maintain schools in the United Kingdom for the teaching and education of young persons in the doctrines and practices of Islamic faith and the Arabic language.
4. To further the education (including social and physical training) of children attending any school (of whatever description) in which religious instruction in accordance with the doctrines and principles of the Islamic faith is given.
5. To educate and assist young persons through their leisure time activities so as to develop their physical mental and spiritual capacities that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society and that their conditions of life may be improved.
6. To further the religious and other charitable work of the Muslim communities.
7. To advance Islamic education or awareness in accordance with the teachings of Qur’an and Sunnah by means of religious classes and otherwise:
a. To advance Islamic principles in all human relationships
b. To promote education in the principles and application of Islamic social and personal morality.
c. To encourage persons to become useful and law abiding citizens for the benefit of community at large.
VISION of the Trust:
- To try and ensure that the educational institutions become outstanding in each and every way enriching the lives of challenged pupils who walk through their doors.
- To give meaning to their lives by imparting education that is faith oriented through which they recognise their responsibilities within the teaching of Quran and Sunnah.
- To deliver education in way which will enable them to become good, contributing citizens and become shining examples of British Muslims and role models to others.
- To contribute in social and economic development of the community in which we live by breaking all barriers towards acquisition of quality education to all.
- The Trust believes in the value of integrity where every individual has self-worth and dignity irrespective of the social strata one possess in the society: to try and promote self-worth.
- Creating necessary social and physical support infrastructure that empowers the child to lead a life of independence and dignity in adulthood.
Members of the Trust
Further details about the Trust and the current members of the Trust can be found from the MIET website.